Dogs and Wolves… Wolves and dogs! Many people would think that some dogs are wolves but there are the many differences between wolves and dogs. Can we trust our family to a wolf- dog category? My experience with my huskies say yes! Let’s check out seven dogs that you might thing that they are wolves but actually they are amazing dogs!
- Utonagan comes from Great Britain and just from the first saw you can say that he looks like a wolf. His name means: Spirit of the Wolf and is a Native American name. This kind comes from Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies and German shepherd and he can live until 15 years.
- Siberian Husky
- Here we come to the one of the most well known dogs in the world, we could say the V.I.P. of dogs, and all people can recognize this kind of dog and most of us know how a Siberian husky looks like. What you might have not noticed is that some Siberian Dogs that are different from the typical ones might look like wolves.
- Siberian Huskies were used in Siberia in order to help people cross long distances. They are a bit smaller that wolves and they are about 25 kilos differently 55 pounds. They are healthy dogs and they live up to 12 or more years.
- Siberian Huskies look like wolves but also in some cases they act like them (Ex. Howling). If you decide to adopt a dog like this you should think twice because huskies want attention. They need a lot of exercise and maybe hard work with training .
- Alaskan Malamute
- Yes! Now we can say that we are close to wolf kind! This kind of dogs is same big as a wolf, he is about 35 to 40 kilos and some of them might be 45-50 kilos. They have double coat, they have colors such as white, grey like wolves. They have brown eyes and a very strong tail. Malamute can live up to 11 years. Most of them are healthy and some of them might have problems with their eyes and there is a possibility of dysplasia.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog
- The Canadian Dog looks similar to the Malamute dog. Most of people thing that he is a wolf. They are strong and they need a lot of exercise such as Siberian Huskies. They have thick coat and they usually live until 12 years old.
- The Tamaskan
- The Tamaskan is a rare kind of dog and comes from Finland. He is about 30 to 40 kilos or 65 to 90 pounds. Their color is grey and this is that make people thing that they are wolves. Differently from the usual blue eyes they have brown or grey eyes. This is a new kind of dog that was found at 2006 so we do not have much information about their life. They are only around 500 Tamaskan dogs in the world.
- Finnish Lapphund
- This kind of dog that looks like a wolf, took his name from Finland, most of us know him as a Shepherd. He is about 17 to 18 kilos with a thick coat and his face is like a wolf. Their colors are black and brown and their coat is similar to wolves. They live until 13 years and they resist to the cold and freezing weather.
- Northern Inuit Dog
- This is our last kind of dog that brings wolves in our mind. He is about 25 to 40 kilos and he has a double coat and a strong tail. Unfortunately we do not have much information about this kind we only can say that they are friendly and they do not like to left alone, they love kids but we need also to mention that they might have some behavioral problems in rare times. If you do not help your dog to exercise and work probably he will escape one day so watch out!
We are talking about appearance. ( Article Source )