Dogs and Wolves… Wolves and dogs! Many people would think that some dogs are wolves but there are the many differences between wolves and dogs. Can we trust our family to a wolf- dog category? My experience with my huskies say yes! Let’s check out seven dogs that you might thing that they are wolves but actually they are amazing dogs!
- Utonagan comes from Great Britain and just from the first saw you can say that he looks like a wolf. His name means: Spirit of the Wolf and is a Native American name. This kind comes from Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies and German shepherd and he can live until 15 years.
- Siberian Husky
- Here we come to the one of the most well known dogs in the world, we could say the V.I.P. of dogs, and all people can recognize this kind of dog and most of us know how a Siberian husky looks like. What you might have not noticed is that some Siberian Dogs that are different from the typical ones might look like wolves.
- Siberian Huskies were used in Siberia in order to help people cross long distances. They are a bit smaller that wolves and they are about 25 kilos differently 55 pounds. They are healthy dogs and they live up to 12 or more years.
- Siberian Huskies look like wolves but also in some cases they act like them (Ex. Howling). If you decide to adopt a dog like this you should think twice because huskies want attention. They need a lot of exercise and maybe hard work with training .
- Alaskan Malamute
- Yes! Now we can say that we are close to wolf kind! This kind of dogs is same big as a wolf, he is about 35 to 40 kilos and some of them might be 45-50 kilos. They have double coat, they have colors such as white, grey like wolves. They have brown eyes and a very strong tail. Malamute can live up to 11 years. Most of them are healthy and some of them might have problems with their eyes and there is a possibility of dysplasia.